Home Contact Us
About Us Picture & video Press FAQ Product Info Duct Cleaning Investment Returns

Click Here for Your FREE ESTIMATE!!

green fiber logo

Energy Star

Text Credits
Radiant Barrier

UPDATE!!! The Federal Government just tripled the Insulation Tax Credit to $500 up to 10% of the product cost. And all of our products qualify!!

UPDATE!!! The Federal Tax Credit is expiring December 31, 2011... so act now!!!

Both the Federal Government & the State of Louisiana offer some very attractive tax credits & rebate programs to help residents offset some of the costs of making their homes more energy efficient. We have outlined the steps to take to take advantage of these incentives from the government. We encourage our customers to take advantage of these programs. With this money & the energy savings, the payback on our service is soooo fast!

  • Step 1: Use Mr. Green Jeans Insulation for your insulation needs. For a FREE Estimate, call 504-255-5165, 285-5180, 225-205-3056, 337-354-5443 depedning on your area cose or email us at kirk@mrgreenj.com
  • Step 2: For your $500 Federal Tax Credit, fill out IRS form 5695 and submit with your tax returns. Keep your Mr. Green Jean's receipt with your tax records. (Please consult your CPA or Tax Advisor.)
    For more information visit: www.irs.gov or www.energystar.gov
  • Step 3: For the Louisiana HERO program (cash rebate up to $2,000 for existing homes), contact a local energy rater BEFORE your installation. You will only qualify for this program if you are undergoing a major renovation where you are getting new insulation AND buying a new high efficiency air conditioning system. In the New Orleans metro area, call Roger Pino with E&I Consulting @ 504-231-3424 or roger@maxvalueins.com . He can assist you in applying for the Louisiana HERO program. I can personally attest that for a major renovation project, this is a great program.
  • Step 4: Retain your copies of your invoices & receipts for your records.

Tax Credit Overview

Federal Residential Existing Home Tax Credit
Consumers who purchase and install specific products, such as energy-efficient windows, insulation, doors, roofs, and heating and cooling equipment in their home can receive a Federal tax credit of 30% of the cost of the upgrade up to $500. Louisiana also offers the HERO program which offers a cash rebate of up to $2,000 for existing homes. Click here for the Louisiana HERO program.


Residential Builder New Construction Tax Credit

A $2,000 tax credit for new homes that are at least 50% more efficient than required by current building codes will encourage builders (who do not pay the energy bills for the homes they build) to construct energy-efficient houses, and increase the market for efficient technologies and practices

TAX Credit Most FAQ

  • How many tax credits are there?
    There are two tax credits and a tax deduction.  There is a tax credit for builders on new construction, a tax credit for homeowners who make energy efficient upgrades to their existing homes, and a tax deduction for commercial property owners who reduce energy consumption of their buildings.
  • How does a builder get the new construction tax credit?
    A builder must design the house to be 50% more efficient than a model IECC home.  You can use numerous approved computer software to accomplish this.  You must then build the home to those specifications and have an energy rater come out at do a performance test on the house.
  • How does foam insulation fit into the new construction tax credit?
    The tax credit requires that 1/5 of the efficiency come from building envelope components, which translates do something to stop air infiltration.
  • Do I have to turn in paperwork to the IRS to qualify for either of the two tax credits?
    Yes, you must file the appropriate the appropriate IRS form to obtain the tax credits. Please consult with your CPA or tax advisor.
  • How much insulation do I need to put into my existing home to qualify for the tax credit?
    Insulation levels must meet the requirements of the minimum model energy code, which is called the 2004 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC for short). The 2004 IECC includes insulation levels for attics, walls, floors, and basements. However, to qualify for the Federal tax credit, homeowners must only meet the level of insulation required for the area they are insulating. For example, a homeowner can choose only to insulate their attic to the levels required in the 2004 IECC and still be eligible for the tax credit. For most homeowners, this will mean adding an additional R-19 to R-30 insulation to their attic. If a homeowner insulates part of their home to a level below the 2004 IECC, this would not qualify.
  • What is the new construction tax credit?
    Home builders are eligible for a $2,000 tax credit for a new energy efficient home that achieves 50 percent energy savings for heating and cooling over the 2004 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and supplements.  At least 1/5 of the energy savings must come from building envelope improvements.  These tax credits apply to new homes whose construction is substantially completed after August 8, 2005 and that are acquired from the eligible contractor after December 31, 2005 and before January 1, 2008, for use as a residence.
  • Is there anything out there for Manufactured Homes?
    Yes there is.  There is a $1,000 tax credit to the producer of a new manufactured home achieving 30 percent energy savings for heating and cooling over the 2004 IECC and supplements (at least 1/3 of the savings must come from building envelope improvements), or a manufactured home meeting the requirements established by EPA under the ENERGY STAR program.  There is a $2,000 tax credit for the producer who provides a level of heating and cooling energy consumption that is at least 50 percent below that of a comparable manufactured home constructed in accordance with the standards of section 404 of the 2004 Supplement to the 2003 International Energy Conservation Code (2004 IECC Supplement), and to have building envelope component improvements that provide for a level of heating and cooling energy consumption that is at least 10 percent below that of a comparable dwelling unit.
  • What is a tax credit?
    You don’t receive an income tax credit when you buy the product, like an instant rebate. You claim the credit on your federal income tax form at the end of the year. The credit then increases the tax refund you receive or decreases the amount you have to pay.
  • Tax credits vs. tax deductions:
    In general, a tax credit is more valuable than a similar tax deduction. A tax credit reduces the tax you pay, dollar-for-dollar. Tax deductions – such as those for home mortgages and charitable giving – lower your taxable income. If you are in the highest 35-percent tax bracket, the income tax you pay is reduced by 35 percent of the value of a tax deduction. But a tax credit reduces your federal income tax by 100 percent of the amount of the credit.
  • What energy-efficient home improvements are eligible for existing homes?
    The overall $1,500 cap can be reached in several ways with the purchase and installation of energy-efficient products:
    • Exterior windows, Insulation, exterior doors, or pigmented metal roofs, Central air conditioner, heat pump, or water heater.
  • When are they available?
    The home improvement tax credits apply for improvements “placed in service” starting January 1, 2009. The IRS defines “placed in service” as when the products or materials are ready and available for use – this would generally refer to the installation, not the purchase.


Home | About Us | Pictures & Video | Press | FAQ | Product Info | Duct Cleaning | Retrofitting Insulation | Tax Credits | Investment Returns | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © Mr. Green Jeans Insulation. All rights reserved. | Louisiana Web Design by: Comit Technologies
We Accept All Major Credit Cards.